September 17, 2014

Bitter Gourd / Paavakkai Chips

This bitter gourd fry or chips is crispy. The recipe will make those who dislike Bitter gourd also to relish them.






Ingredients:

Bitter Gourd
½ kg
Corn Flour
2 tbs
Red Chilli Powder
1 tes
Salt
As required
Oil
For deep fry

Procedure:
1. Wash and cut the bitter gourd into round and thin slices as shown in the picture. Remove the seeds from it.
2. Sprinkle little bit salt over the bitter gourd slices and mix them well. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins. Then drain the water which comes out from the bitter gourd.(this is to avoid the bitterness of the bitter gourd)
3. Then add corn flour, red chilli powder and salt. Mix them well and set aside for 5 mins. No need to add water. Suppose you feel it is dry then just sprinkle the water and mix.
4. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot then sprinkle the bitter gourd slices. Fry them until they becomes golden in color.
5. Allow it to cool down and store it in air tight container.
  Now the bitter gourd chips is ready to serve.

16 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite chips, i can munch anytime.

Gloria Fernandes said...

crispy and yummy chips

Remya said...

I dont like bitter gourd but still ur pics tempting me :)

Anonymous said...

all time my fav
RecipesPassion

Fullscoops said...

Delicious chips!

kitchen queen said...

yummy bittergourd chips.

kitchen queen said...

yummy bittergourd chips.

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

Addictive chips..Love to munch on any time..

Julie said...

Crispy n my favorite one..But I fry without coating :)

Sooriya said...

My hubbys fav...looks so crisp!

cookbookjaleela said...

healthy pavakka chips

Priya Shiva said...

looks delicious and healthy!

Shobha Kamath said...

I simply love them.

sneh said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Karela fry is such an awesome idea! great recipe.

Home Cooked food said...

I can finish this bowk in no time. Looks very tempting

Rajani said...

Pavakkai chips are welcome at any meal. I must try this.

Badge for Top 10 South Indian Culinary Blogs - 2018

Facebook

Subscribe via Email

Blog Archive

My Buddies List

IndiBlogger

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!