January 15, 2011

Event Announcement - Healthy Recipe Hunt - 1


Dear fellow bloggers, I am very happy to announce "Healthy Recipe Hunt" event. I am fan of healthy recipes which are both tasty and nutritious. I am planning to conduct this event every month with varying themes. For this month the theme of the event is Rice Flakes.
  
Flattened rice (also called beaten rice) is a dehusked rice which is flattened into flat light dry flakes. These flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, whether hot or cold, as they absorb water, milk or any other liquids. The thicknesses of these flakes vary between almost translucently thin (the more expensive varieties) to nearly four times thicker than a normal rice grain.
Rice flakes are normally used to prepare snacks or light and easy fast food in a variety of Indian cuisine styles, some even for long-term consumption of a week or more. It is known by a variety of names: Poha[1]  or Pauwa[2]  in Hindi.

Beaten rice  is a staple breakfast diet especially in rural and semi-urban areas. It is a low cost wholesome food with good nutritional value. It can be taken in different forms - raw, fried, with curd or milk and therefore has mass appeal. Its preparations can be made at a short notice and hence it is also a convenient food item. Beaten rice is made from paddy and is popular in all parts of India. People of all age groups from all sections like it and thus it is a mass consumption item.

source : wiki , fatday





1) Make dishes with Rice Flakes. I will accept vegetarian recipes only. (Eggs are allowed)
2) Multiple entries are allowed.
3) Link your entry to this announcement page.
4) Archived entries also accepted.
5) Using logo will be appreciated.
6) Non-bloggers are also welcome to participate, just email me your write up  to kurinjikathambam@gmail.com with subject as “HRH – Rice Flakes” with following details:
          Your Name:
          Recipe Name:

7) Last date for submission of entries is 15 th February 2011..


Bring your recipe catches for the campfire.....
 Click here to enter your link

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful event...I will send my entries soon..
Reva

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting Kuriniji, will send my entries..

Unknown said...

good event...I will try to send in something...Happy Pongal!

KrithisKitchen said...

Great Event.. Will try to send in my entry..

Raji said...

Nice event..will love to participate.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely event check out the event in my site happy pongal

Priya Sreeram said...

dear kurinji--hope to send u entries here ! this is a nice one !

Soumya said...

wow...very nice event...will send my entries soon...

Asiya Omar said...

good event,soon i will link the recipe.

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

Lovely events Kurunji, Count me in too

Gayathri Kumar said...

Nice event. Happy hosting Kurinji..

Sara said...

Nice event Happy Hosting. Will send in mine soon.

Saraswathi Iyer

Archana said...

Happy hosting. Will send mine soon.

Unknown said...

Accidentally I made mistake two times while linking, one, I uploaded wrong picture for my chirer pulao post, two, I gave wrong URL, kindly delete that link, I'm linking a new one.

Indrani said...

nice event.........wish you all the best for your event series

Padmajha said...

Nice theme.Count me in :)

Sangeetha Nambi said...

I don't have picture for my recipe. So am unable to participate in this Event :(

http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com/2011/01/aval-upma.html

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Nice event....I will be IN...My first participation in an event.:-)

Jaleela Kamal said...

Nice event

Reshmi Mahesh said...

I have linked my post...but how to put the logo in my blog.

Unknown said...

Nice event. i will try to send mine

Unknown said...

nice event, kurinji - will send in an entry soon! do check out my event a and try to participate...

தெய்வசுகந்தி said...

wonderful event. I accidentally linked it twice. Can you please delete the one. Thanks
Suganthi

KrithisKitchen said...

Sent in an entry...

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/01/aval-upma-poha-upma.html

Satya said...

Hi Kurinji,

I sent my entry

http://www.myinnovativekitchen.com/2011/02/oats-poha-set-dosa.html

Tahemeem said...

Hi Kurinji,

I tried to link but the linky isn't working for me :)

please find my recipe here:
http://tahemeemshaik.blogspot.com/2011/02/poha-and-oats-muffin.html

Let me know what i can do to link...
thank you :)

Badge for Top 10 South Indian Culinary Blogs - 2018

Facebook

Subscribe via Email

Blog Archive

My Buddies List

IndiBlogger

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!